- Nobody stores their monkeys in the lab. This is what animal facilities are FOR.
- Because to work with primates, or even be in a room with them, you need clearance, training, and a TB test. And then you have to swipe in.
- And besides, who wants to work with a monkey in the lab?
- Ditto on the rats. Ewwww.
- Also, the chick next door? Nobody covers their entire lab space with experimental plants and grow lights. They make greenhouses for that. Really.
- And while tea does live in lab, not so much next to the sink. Safety gets upset.
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Jenny F. Scientist points out that the portrayal of a research lab in the Veronica Mars episode "Show Me the Monkey" is way off the mark for many reasons: