Some of the greatest voices in speculative fiction join forces in this one-of-a-kind anthology to benefit the American Diabetes Association. Join Robert J. Sawyer, Mike Resnick, Cory Doctorow, and others as a cop-for-hire solves a murder aboard a space station…a Chicano science fiction writer takes mind-blowing (literally!) ride through the Singularity…a third-rate superhero with useless powers finds a place to belong…an antique collector learns that one alien’s junk is mankind’s treasure…a geologist discovers that pretending to be a god isn’t all it’s cracked up to be…a journalist learns how to fend off zombies using Linux and a dead badger… All this and more await you in… Voices for the Cure: A Speculative Fiction Anthology to Benefit the American Diabetes Association.Here's the lineup:
- "The Hand You're Dealt" by Robert J. Sawyer. First published in Free Space, 1997.
- "The God Biz: A Miracle Brigade Story" by Mike Resnick. 2007.
- "Craphound" by Cory Doctorow. Originally published in Science Fiction Age, 1998.
- "Human Sacrifice for Fun and Profit" by Ernest Hogan. Previously unpublished.
- "The Great VÜDÜ Linux Teen Zombie Massacree" by Lucy A. Snyder.
- "B.L.A.N.K.I.E." by James Palmer. Previously unpublished.
- "Kite People" by Gary A. Braunbeck. Previously unpublished.
- "An Interesting Week for Emmy" by Eugie Foster. First published in Colin Harvey's Another Showcase, 2004.
- "Bary Kolman, Hero" by Mur Lafferty. Previously unpublished.
- "Mister Adventure and the Race Against Time" by Davey Beauchamp. Previously unpublished.
Tags:science fiction, biology